XG160 was built by Armstrong Whitworth at Coventry and delivered to the RAF in August 1956. Initially it served with 43 Squadron, being transferred to 111 Squadron at North Weald in 1958, being one of the famous 22 loop aircraft. In March 1966 it switched to a training role with 229 OCU at Chivenor and then with 1 TWU at Brawdy until June 1982. Transferred to ground duties in May 1983 XG160 served with the TMTS at Scampton as an instructional airframe, repainted once again in its 111 Squadron colours. In December 1994 it was presented to the Royal Jordanian Air Force to form part of their Historic Flight and the following month was transferred by road to Bournemouth for overhaul, being placed on the Civil Register as G-BWAF. In December 1997 the Jordanians agreed that XG160 could remain at Bournemouth, eventually passing to the Museum .
In due course it was restored to it's 111 Squadron colours of 1958 and placed on display with it's cockpit available for inspection.Technical Data
|Wing Span||33 ft 8 in or 10.26m|
|Length||45 ft 10 in or 13.98m|
|Max Weight||24,000 lb or 10,885kg|
|Service Ceiling||51,500 ft|
|Max Speed||715mph 0r 1150 kmh|
|Engine||10,000 lb thrust Rolls Royce Avon 207|